[Repost from July 29, 2008]
Successful people are often great at anticipating.
- If you want to be promoted as an assistant, anticipate how you can better serve your boss.
- If you want to be successful in business, anticipate what the market will do.
- If you want to be successful in church, prayerfully anticipate. What new thing is God going to bless?
I try to think ahead by asking questions like these:
- How are people relating differently? What will relationships and community look like in two years?
- How are people going to communicate in the future?
- What future technology/innovation can help spread the gospel?
- What trends (business, entertainment, philanthropy, etc.) will affect the church?
I’d love to hear your theories or ideas about what is coming in the church.