categories: books

April 8th, 2011

A Weird Approach to Perspective

It’s pretty normal to want life to roll along smoothly. And in those seasons when it doesn’t, we might wonder, “Why can’t things just be normal?” But God wants more for us than normal—you might say he has Weird things in mind for us.

If you listen, God will show you something that makes your heart ache on behalf of his. He will bless you with a burden.

If you’re like most normal -people, you’re probably wondering, “Why in the world would I want a burden?” Most of us feel good when we avoid burdens — after all, isn’t life hard enough? Why ask God for more trials, trauma, and tears? It’s normal to want to avoid pain — human even. But God didn’t put us here on earth just to feel good and enjoy ourselves. He doesn’t give us our lives so we can master techniques in avoiding pain.

He puts us here to make an eternal difference.

He puts us here to show everyone around us how much he loves them.

He puts us here to be his hands and feet, his body and his heart.

Pursuing the Weird life God is calling us to is anything but normal. And completely worth it.

If you want to delve deeper into the Weird life, you can pick up a copy of the book or download it from:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Mardel

Comments

1. 1jimmy hankins
    Apr 20, 2011 at 10:34 am

Looks like the Season of the witch…uh I mean weird is over. For awhile there, I thought it was going to bring this blog back to life. Close one. (grin)

2. Apr 25, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I sure feel ya on this Bobby. Sometimes normal sounds like a break from all this weirdness but it also feels like I’d be taking a break from my relationship with Him. :)

3. 3gene bryant
    Apr 30, 2011 at 12:23 am

weird is good!!!!!it is a needed change in my life and i trust God to give me the strength to become even weirder. he has already helped me change alot of things i could not do with out him.
    the book is great keep up the good work.
    God is good

4. May 10, 2011 at 3:48 am

Many thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love learning much more on this topic.
    Perspective does weird things to our heads. I deal a lot with people who are absorbed with tradition — the way we used to do things. Even though the world changes around them, they see no need to change their approach to adapt to their surroundings and become more effective. They say things like, “Just because it’s old doesn’t mean it’s bad”. I often have to say, “Just because it used to work doesn’t mean it still does”.

5. 5Tommy
    May 14, 2011 at 4:38 pm

I have to say I have always been the type of person to do for others, as I would want them to be done for me. For some reason though, my life is different. I have no one to lean on except for my parents. I don’t have a father no more so all I have is my poor mother that struggles to survive herself. As with any other church out there your the same ones that I have dealt with all my life. Not saying that’s bad but you have to say to yourself, “have I helped enough.” I have never seen a church give without question, if the person deserves it our not. So I say to all you Christians out there to Do the Imposable and help someone without question like our Lord did.Did Jesus or the prophets question when helping others? Therefore, do what is right no matter what others think of you.

My wife told me one time not to give to a beggar that was on the side of the street because he might buy beer or alcohol with it. I told her God told us to give to others that needs it. So who am I to question if the beggar will do the right thing? I don’t God takes care of that. My job here on earth is to help like Jesus would no questions asked.READ MATTHEW CHAPTER 5 AND THEN TELL ME IF YOU SHOULD QUESTION GOD…

6. 6Tommy
    May 22, 2011 at 11:35 am

I like this verse in the bible more cause it really puts it out there. READ CAREFULLY Matthew 25:34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
    37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
    40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
    41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
    44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
    45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
    46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

SO GIVE AS THE LORD WANTS US TO. HIS FLOCK IS NOT JUST AT THIS CHURCH IS FLOCK IS EVERYWHERE SO WE SHOULD HELP EVERYONE NOT JUST OUR OWN…I TRULY LOVE ALL OF YOU FELLOW FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST, GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!