categories: one prayer, working together

December 21st, 2010

One Prayer Update

Over the past three years, over 2,000 churches participated in a unifying movement called One Prayer.

What started as a little idea, God turned into a movement. By His grace, God used those churches to help plant over 2700 churches in China, Cambodia, India and Sudan. According to estimates, over 43,000 people have been baptized through these church plants. May God get all the glory!

It is humbling to play such a small role in something with such big results.

After a lot of prayer, our team has decided not to do a One Prayer series in 2011. We’ll be prayerful about future opportunities for Kingdom initiatives.

Keeping with the spirit of One Prayer, we encourage you to look for opportunities to work with other churches. I know God is honored when you reach out to other church leaders and partner to serve your communities together.

I’m hoping our churches can be an answer to Jesus’ prayer for unity in John 17. May God continue to raise leaders to unite his church and impact the world.

Comments

1. Dec 21, 2010 at 10:29 am

Very cool…I love the following of God by LifeChurch.tv!

Thanks!

2. Dec 21, 2010 at 11:51 am

Somewhat disappointing. However we trust Life Church’s leadership team decisions. I have learned and seen much through ONE PRAYER. There is no way a smaller community church such as ours could have had a world impact without connecting through ONE PRAYER to other churches. Thank you for the opportunity. And we look forward to future adventures with LC.

3. Dec 21, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Sometimes leaders make what seems to be simply “wrong” decisions-and the response is confusion and anger. However, Spirit-led leaders make those hard decisions, no matter how the decision looks to those on the outside. Not making these decisions in obedience to the Lord’s whisper would cause an impact far worse than any criticism or backlash potentially received. LCTV leaders are without doubt led by the Lord in this decision. Great job CG & team. It is an honor serve alongside you.

4. Dec 21, 2010 at 2:17 pm

I’m sort of sad but sort of excited. If God is saying to not do it this year then so be it, I’m glad to be part of a church that follows where God is leading rather than our own plans. Thank you for following God.

5. 5Peter Z.
    Dec 22, 2010 at 4:56 am

Sorry to hear. My all time favorite One Prayer sermon was Pastor Franklin’s “And Then Some” sermon. I am sure God is leading the decision not to move forward but rather to take a different path. Merry Christmas and a very happy 2011 to all.

6. Dec 22, 2010 at 6:42 am

Leaders often have to make tough decisions & I know that this decision would not have been made lightly! Thanks for your leadership guys love Ps Kev & Anne

7. Dec 22, 2010 at 7:54 am

I feel sad for this news… But we support you Craig & team all the way!

8. Dec 23, 2010 at 10:42 am

If we are not united, the chance of any impact is minimalized. We will only be fighting ourselves.

9. Dec 24, 2010 at 12:49 am

Hey Craig,

I am so sorry to hear about this. We just had a planning meeting for 2011’s preaching schedule and for the first time, ironically, decided that we wanted to do One Prayer. I do not know the reason your team has decided this, but I think many of us were ‘late adopters’. I think it was a wonderful thing, something that gave unity, as well as a month long break to those of us leading the communication of the church. Can I ask that there be prayerful reconsideration? I think many of us out there would love a simple version, msybe with no choosing with messages uploaded, just 4 messages we ALL show at the same time. Just a suggestion!

10. 10Lenni
    Dec 28, 2010 at 2:17 am

In line with Bob’s idea, you show the four most downloaded sermons over the past years. Show most downloaded of all three years. Then the most or second most downloaded ones from 2007, 2008, and 2009. This method would take less time and resources, while keeping the movement going. All in all, if God has shown lifechurch and the One Prayer team that no form of One Prayer should go on, obedience to God is the most important thing.

11. Dec 30, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Our church discovered this year that by saying “no” to some really cool opportunities and ideas (humanly speaking) because we didn’t quite feel like God was in those ideas, it allowed us to be able to move when God revealed what HE had planned. May you experience the same.

12. 12Cheryl Guffey, WestSide Singles LifeGroup Leader, Yukon OK
    Jan 17, 2011 at 10:43 am

It is an honor to be part of a ministry courageous enough to follow God’s direction, regardless what criticism may come. I believe with you, LCTV, that what began as an event called OnePrayer, is now a movement that will continue with or without any one church body’s direct involvement. OnePrayer was not just a good idea, it was a God idea. Nothing can stop it, Hallelujah!

My support, blessings and prayers are with you, Craig and team. For you to be led through this hard decision tells me that God is taking all of us to a new level. So, Amen.

13. Apr 28, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I applaud your willingness to make the tough decision to not do something just because you’ve been doing it. The old saying, “Always leave ‘em wanting more” is at least as appropriate in the church as anwyhere. One Prayer had a season and perhaps will have more but thank you for not doing it just because “everyone wants to” or some such silly reason.

14. May 31, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Lake Hills Church has been part of One Prayer for the past 3 years. As we begin our 4th year as a new church plant we are excited to continue to use these materials. Thank you for providing them to us. Pastor Jack

15. 15Lisa
    Dec 16, 2011 at 8:08 am

Bless you. I had been in a church that participated. The sermons have been inspirational. The idea of hearing the same sermon in many churches is a great thought. But, I also see the wisdom of not making this in to a ritual, or an annual gathering if we do not take the initiative to truly take this idea to heart as a the Body of Christ as a whole. I pray that your efforts will not be in vain, that we will be One as our Lord is One. Bless you.

16. Feb 25, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I am really sad as I was hoping our church could participate this year (2012). However I do believe in the godly leadership of Pastor Craig and his staff and I trust your decisions. I enjoyed the messages and the idea of the church coming together across nations, languages, cultural barriers, and so on. Thank you for your commitment to this effort and I look forward to see what God has next for all of His kingdom’s glory.

17. Jul 3, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I loved One Prayer and I love what it did in the short time that God wanted it going. Thanks for sharing!

I love Craig and LifeChurch.tv!
    Pastor Dan