categories: LifeChurch.tv, OPEN, technology

November 8th, 2010

LifeChurch.tv comes to your home TV via ROKU

Now in addition to your computer and mobile phone, you can stream LifeChurch.tv content directly to your TV. The LifeChurch.tv channel is now available on the Roku streaming player.What is Roku? Roku is a little box that allows you to instantly stream content from many sources including Netflix, Hulu, Amazon.com, and now LifeChurch.tv.

Version 1.0 of the LifeChurch.tv channel offers the current and recent message series in up to HD 720P resolution. Additionally, the current Talk It Over video (featuring discussion questions about the messages) is available for small groups. Future releases will offer even more content.

LifeChurch.tv is excited to be able to offer content to the more than 1 million Roku users completely free of charge. To learn more about Roku visit Roku.com. To add the LifeChurch.tv channel, visit the channel store on your Roku streaming player. Not a Roku user? No worries. You can always access our messages at http://www.lifechurch.tv/watch or download from OPEN.LifeChurch.tv to use them at your church.

Comments

1. Nov 8, 2010 at 12:00 pm

WOW Bobby, that is SO cool!!! How did you do it? Is it really hard to do for other churches?

2. 2Mark Rasmussen
    Nov 8, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Bravo! I was thrilled to see “LifeChurch.tv” pop up in my new channels list on my Roku! The AV quality is High-Def and much better than streaming over my computer (which is prettygood-def). My only hope is that the rich “gold mine” of past messages becomes available on Roku as well.

Three months ago, I’d never heard of LifeChurch.tv. Found it Googling for devotional content. I now regularly watch/study sermons on my own, with my wife and with our teenage daughters. We also have a group of four couples that meet once a week for a “Lifegroup” and use your content for study even though we’ve never been to a LifeChurch campus or network church or met any of you. I even had the opportunity to stream an entire sermon on my droid x to share with a homeless person. It was a blessing. What you are doing is working. Please keep it up. God bless you all.

3. Nov 8, 2010 at 3:14 pm

That’s great news, Bobby. Is Boxee in your future too? (You guessed it…I use Boxee rather than Roku)

4. Nov 9, 2010 at 6:57 pm

That’s pretty cool. This is the first place I’ve heard about ROKU and think it’s awesome that you can just turn it on or something and have Lifechurch.tv streaming on tv. I’m impressed.

5. 5Ted Graham
    Nov 9, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Another way to reach folks is have a HD podcast that can be downloaded on Tivo. Also have HD talk it over video.

6. Nov 9, 2010 at 7:46 pm

[...] LifeChurch.tv comes to your home TV via ROKU – LC Swerve [...]

7. 7Chazown User
    Nov 11, 2010 at 11:30 am

Why aren’t the videos working on the Chazown server?

8. Nov 11, 2010 at 6:01 pm

Our team is aware of the issue. It should be resolved today.

9. Nov 15, 2010 at 6:01 am

[...] Strategy0LifeChurch Releases Content on ROKU Posted by John Saddington on Nov 15, 2010LifeChurch.tv has announced that they’ve partnered with ROKU that’ll allow them to stream their services right into [...]

10. 10naomi
    Dec 8, 2010 at 10:55 pm

We just got our ROKU player and we were thrilled to see that LIFE CHURCH was on it as a channel!! So AWESOME!!

11. Aug 6, 2011 at 10:21 am

cnet’s top 5 college electronics listed the roku as one of the top 5. And guess what channel was front and center when they showed the screen shot of the roku.

I don’t attend LifeChurch but I love how you guys are taking the news to places that no one else will. Are you guys working on a tv and blu-ray apps?