In our YouVersion Webcast today, we just shared exciting news about some recent milestones and future goals. So far, the Bible App has been downloaded more than 10 million times and people have used YouVersion to read the Bible for 3.5 billion minutes! And as thrilled as we are with what God has done so far, we’re confident that He wants to do much, much more to help people fall in love with His Word.
So we’re stepping out with a big goal and hoping you’ll be a part of it too:
1 billion minutes reading the Bible in 1 month.
In January alone, our hope is that users will spend at least 1 billion minutes reading the Bible. For comparison, it took 18 months to reach the first billion minutes, so we’re counting on God to pave the way and awesome people like you to fuel the fire. If you would prayerfully consider whether you can be a part of making this God-sized milestone a reality, here are some things that would really help:
- If you haven’t already, would you rate YouVersion in iTunes?
- Please vote for YouVersion in the 4th Annual Mashable Awards.
- Help your friends install YouVersion on their phones and other devices.
- Please mention @YouVersion in tweets and in Facebook status updates, encouraging folks to download it to their devices.
- If you blog, please consider writing at least one post to let your readers know what we’re doing and rallying them to join us. Feel free to use these graphics in your posts.
- Share the Bible on Christmas Day. You’ll be hearing more about this soon, but it will be a great opportunity to point people to the birth of Christ.
- Consider serving on the YouVersion team in one of the many different positions that are available: proofreading, user support, app testing, design, development, and more.
Between now and Christmas is when we’ll have the opportunity to make the biggest impact, so it would be really great if you could focus your efforts within that window. Stay tuned to the YouVersion Facebook page or Twitter feed to keep up with the latest.
Thank you so much for your help. We appreciate how much the Swerve community has already done for YouVersion and can’t wait to see how God moves in this next season as person after person spends more time than ever in His Word.