categories: books, communication, leadership, mentoring

July 28th, 2010

Willow Summit and Tony Dungy

mentor-leader1I’m very honored and excited to interview Coach Tony Dungy at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit on August 5th. We’ll be discussing Coach Dungy’s newest book, The Mentor Leader, Secrets to Building People and Teams that Win Consistently.

In preparation for the interview, I reread Quiet Strength and enjoyed a couple of pre-interview calls with Coach Dungy. I’ve always admired Dungy’s leadership and spiritual strength from a distance. He’s everything you would hope for and far more up close.

Tyndale House Publishers also provided me with an advance copy of Coach Dungy’s new book. I’m so thankful for his exceptional work on the important subject of mentoring. This is a must read for pastors and spiritual leaders.

In fact, at Life, I will be doing a 4 week teaching on mentoring and investing in the next generation of leaders in September called, “I Believe in You.”

If you are able to attend the Summit or a satellite broadcast location, I know you will benefit from his story and example.

Comments

1. Jul 28, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I’ll be attending via the satellite broadcast location of WESTMINSTER CHAPEL in BELLEVUE, WASHINGTON. Looking forward to this interview and the entire summit. People can attend at Westminster Chapel by registering at this link: http://www.westminster.org/2010/07/22/the-global-leadership-summit/

Also, Craig, I look forward to meeting you in person at the CATALYST Conference at THE CITY CHURCH on August 26 in Washington. I’m a 25 year old student on a 9-month internship with ALPHA USA and I convinced our internship director we needed to go to CATALYST (and while I’m sure we will all benefit, I really just wanted to meet and get a picture with you, LOL, if that’s possible while at the event since LifeChurch.tv has meant a lot to me).

2. Jul 29, 2010 at 8:02 am

I know the interview will be great know that you’ve revealed you are asking the questions, this topic is a great for pastors and those of us in ministry leadership. I cannot wait to hear more about and pick up the book, leadership is about raising up leaders.
    M_

3. Jul 29, 2010 at 8:52 am

Love that upcoming series. You really model investing in the next gen. I appreciate your leadership on this.

I will be at the Willow Summit and look forward to hearing the interview.

4. Jul 29, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Hi there, Craig!
    I would love to hear your up-coming series, I believe in you. Due to the time difference here in Australia I may not be able to catch the live broadcast. May I order and pay for the recordings and download them?
    Looking forward to hearing from you,
    STEVE
    PS Got to know you as one from the huge audience at Hillsong Conference

5. Jul 30, 2010 at 12:14 am

Hi Craig,

Here at New Song, we are working on a systematic mentoring program as part of our spiritual growth process. Have you come across churches that are doing this well? If so, we’d like to know.

Looking forward to your interview.

Blessings,

Hal

6. Jul 30, 2010 at 6:10 am

Love Tony Dungy…We have to Invest! My recent thought during quiet time. We need to have “the faith of a mustard seed”…but if we hold on to that tiny seed do not Plant that seed somewhere or in someone ..it will NEVER get the chance to grow. Faith is releasing, investing, letting go and then that tiny mustard seed becomes the LARGEST /STRONGEST plant in the entire garden! I never knew the mustard plant in real life is enormous/but it is…God is so smart…me/ not so much. LOL!

7. Aug 12, 2010 at 10:33 am

MMMMM! Can’t WAIT!!!!!

Thank you for speaking to me and my generation! We need it! :)

8. 10Matthew
    Aug 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I feel there is a huge need for guys to have mentorship these days. I am a 22 year old single male who has had a dad who has always provided financially but thats really it. Seeing kids that dont have a father figure tears my heart apart and i hope that God will lead me and put my love for kids to help out the single mothers, divorced, and so on because if we dont start building them up young its tougher to get them when they are older.

Thanks for all you do, God through you is changing peoples lives, know with his power i can do the same.