categories: YouVersion

July 1st, 2010

2 Billion Minutes + Norwegian: YouVersion News

2BillionThis June was the biggest month in YouVersion’s history, which pushed us forward to an exciting milestone. YouVersion users have spent two billion minutes engaging with Scripture using YouVersion! I’m excited to see what could happen as more and more people spend more and more time in God’s Word. We’d love to celebrate with you and hear how you’re using YouVersion.

And, more and more people are adding the Bible to their phones. In just the last four weeks, the Bible App was installed on more than 650,000 new mobile devices! That’s approximately one new user every four seconds, and in that same four second period of time, 17 other people open up their Bible App and use it.

We’re committed to making the Bible available to people around the globe, and we just took an additional step in that direction.
Today we introduced the first native translation of YouVersion.com with the rollout of a Norwegian language version. This means the entire interface of the site is available in Norwegian. Next up: Spanish!

And have I mentioned that we’re hiring? ;) To keep up with all the great things God is doing through YouVersion, we’re adding five people to the team. Should we hire you?

Comments

1. Jul 2, 2010 at 8:39 am

So many congratulations!! I LOVE YouVersion, way to go.
    M_

2. Jul 2, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!

Great steps forward in the Kingdom!!!

3. Jul 2, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Bobby,

I’m grateful for You Version. I use it for my QT everyday.

4. 4Chuck McKennell
    Jul 3, 2010 at 8:02 pm

Thanks so much for You Version. We use it everyday and promote it in our network church. Have you consided the automatic scrolling or the two versions separted by a page divider? Keep up the work for the Kingdom!

5. Jul 7, 2010 at 10:33 pm

Bobby,

I’m grateful for You Version. I use it for my QT everyday.

6. 6BillG
    Jul 12, 2010 at 5:25 pm

YouVersion is great - thanks for such a great resource. I’m curious though…why did you start with a translation to Norwegian? I would have assumed Chinese or Spanish would have been the first priority based purely on number of speakers worldwide.

7. Jul 13, 2010 at 9:04 am

THAT’S BIG TIME!!!!! I thank God for YouVersion and the team that makes it happen. Keep up the excellent work!

8. 8Ben Davis
    Jul 14, 2010 at 4:16 pm

I love YouVersion and highly recommend it to all my friends. I’ve been using it to preach for about two years now. Question: What happened to NLT? Used to be available to downline and use offline, but when I updated it went away…Is it coming back anytime soon? Thx

9. 9Ben Davis
    Jul 15, 2010 at 11:15 am

Since, we’re talking about YouVersion…Have you considered a format for preaching? One where you could highlight/bold/italicize key words or phrases in the text, integrate your own notes or an outline alongside, etc. Maybe even upload a doc to it?

I’m sure the possibilities are endless, but it would be awesome to have all your notes, scriptures, etc in one place.

10. Jul 16, 2010 at 5:21 am

A true blessing

Josh

Snowy Monaro Assembly of God Church Cooma

11. 11Albert
    Jul 19, 2010 at 6:19 pm

YouVersion encouraged my tech friends and I to create a Bible Quiz app for iphone. A new,easy and fun way to learn the good word anywhere. We are proud to be giving back. Its Free. and has 2P mode. Great for kids and adults of all ages check it out here. Glory!
    The Lord has given me an Open Road!

HALLELUJAH

BIBLE BATTLE

12. Jul 20, 2010 at 6:29 am

[...] minutes, that’s how they have impacted the world with this platform.  Check out the post here.  Go to the site.  Download the mobile app (which is available for all devices…even the [...]

13. 13Steven
    Jul 28, 2010 at 10:34 am

Why Norweigian first of all things? Great news, but just curious on the selection.

14. 15H&M
    Aug 1, 2010 at 1:24 pm

YOU version is amazing..i installed it jus last month.. iam loving it.. i pray that it will help many others to read bible any time anywhere..

15. Aug 13, 2010 at 9:36 am

I just wanted to say thanks so much for the project! It has enhanced my devotional/scripture reading so much. It’s in my hand everywhere I go!

16. 17Johan von Lindeman
    Aug 16, 2010 at 10:11 am

For me, my bible reading has resumed on youversion, mobile or website. I still use esword for dictionaries and things like that. but being able to tweet verses so easily and contribute revelation has been a huge improvement as to how we use technology for his glory

17. 18Victor marrero
    Oct 22, 2010 at 3:55 pm

I would love to be able to link from a sermon outline to the referenced verses.
    Please advise.