Because we had over triple our projections when we opened our newest campus, we were and still are behind the curve on many things:
- We don’t have nearly enough groups.
- We’re recruiting volunteers and releasing leaders on the fly.
- We’re training newly hired staff.
- We’re recruiting more staff.
- We’re putting finishing touches on the building (including solving parking challenges).
- We’re not close to having the programming in place.
In short, we’re building the airplane while it’s in the air. That’s okay. People understand and actually like it—if we lead well.
Though we don’t have everything the way we want it, we can make promises.
- We’ll be adding parking in the next few months so you won’t have to walk a quarter a mile! Thanks for being a great church and making it work!
- We’ll be adding a Saturday night service one day so you don’t have to sit in the overflow! Thanks for understanding and still bringing your friends!
- We’ll be starting our youth ministry in two months! It’s going to be amazing!
- We’re looking for a junior high pastor right now! Pray God brings us the right one.
- So many of you are new! We thank God you are here. Within the next month, we’ll have some meetings just to get to know you.
You don’t have to have it all today. Make promises for the future—then deliver.