Pastor Steven Furtick sent me an interesting book called The Orange Code, How ING Direct Succeeded by Being a Rebel with a Cause.
The book shows clearly how to connect emotion and passion to your values. After visiting Elevation Church, I saw Pastor Steven’s version of the Code (or the values) for Elevation Church. He inspired me to rework our values and connect them more directly with our cause.
I’ll share with you a few of them a day throughout this week.
1) We are faith-filled, big thinking, bet-the-farm risk takers. We’ll never insult God with small thinking and safe living.
2) We are all about the “capital C” Church! The local church is the hope of the world and we know we can accomplish infinitely more together than apart.
3) We are spiritual contributors not spiritual consumers. The church does not exist for us. We are the church and we exist for the world.
4) We give up things we love for things we love even more. It’s an honor to sacrifice for Christ and His church.
5) We wholeheartedly reject the label mega-church. We are a micro-church with a mega-vision.
How often do you revisit the values for your church?