For years, we had church members and staff members serving on Life Church’s board. Once we decided to add other senior pastors, our board became increasingly effective.
If you are developing your own personal board, it could be that you are missing an important person.
Perhaps you are missing:
- A spiritual mentor—The spiritual mentor is one who has walked with Christ longer than you and can help you grow deeper.
- A financial adviser—Even if you are good with money, you’d be wise to seek advice from someone who is great.
- A futurist—All of us need someone who can help us see and create our futures.
- A barrier remover—Some people have the ability to help remove obstacles from our path.
- A connector—Most valuable relationships I have today came from an introduction from a friend. Most of my most strategic ministry friendships can be traced back to a few connectors.
- A spouse—Even though you might be married, you may not be taking advice from your spouse. If you aren’t, start!
Who is missing? What are you going to do about it?
Who is missing at your table?