The Bible is full of examples of sacrificial giving.
- David refused to sacrifice something that cost him nothing.
- Solomon sacrificed 1,000 bulls instead of one as an offering to the Lord.
- The poor widow put all she had into the offering.
- The immoral woman poured a bottle of very expensive oil on Jesus in a act of selfless worship.
- God gave the most sacrificial gift in history: his only son, Jesus.
As churches, we should give sacrificially.
I’ve heard of churches who’ve sacrificed to give big:
- Some give away 50% of their income or more.
- Some refuse to build a building to give more.
- Some don’t pay any staff and use all volunteers.
- Some have donated buildings to other ministries.
- In some parts of the world, people still give their lives for Christ.
How is your ministry giving sacrificially? How could you give sacrificially in the future?