I love the church more than I can describe.
Bill Hybels has often said, “The local church is the hope of the world.” I believe those words with all my heart.
Many people today specialize in criticizing churches. While I acknowledge our (American) churches have a lot of room to improve, I see so many good things:
- I love that many are becoming more missionally minded.
- I love that churches are putting more emphasis on building people than on building buildings.
- I love that churches are working together.
- I love that many people really believe the Church can make a difference in the world.
- I love that many churches are becoming more passionate about worship, holiness, and knowing God through His word.
- I love that many churches are becoming passionate about reaching those far from God with the gospel of Christ.
While I applaud and support many parachurch ministries, to me, (and I believe to God), nothing replaces the power of what God wants to do through the local church.
I love the church!
What do you love about what God is doing through His church?