categories: YouVersion, mobile

October 6th, 2009

YouVersion Live is here!

yvlive-graphicToday is a very, very good day. YouVersion Live officially launched just moments ago! In case you haven’t heard us mention it before, YouVersion Live is a new addition to YouVersion.com and it offers a brand new, free way to interact with live events on almost any mobile device.

I’m so excited that you can now dive in and start exploring all the different ways you’ll be able to use it. We’ve created a demo event that will allow you to try it out and get a sense for how it works. Just open up the Bible App on your mobile device, select the “Live” icon from the dock at the bottom, and you’ll see it as an available event.

As part of rolling out YouVersion Live, we’re also introducing a Groups feature to YouVersion.com. You can read about how it all works together on the YouVersion blog.iphone_liveevent_poll

It’s hard for me to stop thinking of the many applications that are possible for churches, ministries, and organizations, but I really can’t wait to see it in the wild. I know you guys will come up with some very creative ideas to bring a new level of interaction to your weekend services, youth events, conferences, Bible studies, and more.

As with any new resource like this, it’s not the technology that provides the wow factor—that comes when people become more engaged with Scripture and experience God’s truth in a way that stays with them.

Go give it a try, and then let us know what you come up with!

Comments

1. Oct 7, 2009 at 12:40 am

Simply awesome! Amazing job, Team Digerati. Yet another game-changer! I can’t wait to see this live at Catalyst. And, of course, I can’t wait to see this live in our church!

2. Oct 7, 2009 at 8:15 am

Thanks David…we really appreciate it. I look forward to catching up with you in ATL! Cya soon.

3. 3Bill C
    Oct 7, 2009 at 8:35 am

Great work Digerati! Can we start creating events for our church?

4. Oct 7, 2009 at 8:39 am

Great!

And yes, great job my home church! I love how you impact the Church. It’s just so New Testamental…

5. Oct 7, 2009 at 8:57 am

Completely amazing - thanks for all that you guys do, people in churches everywhere are so thankful for your vision! I LOVE this addition to an already amazing tool, it’s great!

6. Oct 7, 2009 at 10:05 am

[...] LIVE is here…get your group on! 7 10 2009 I’ve been waiting for this!  YouVersion, the online bible that combines social networking, finally added a groups feature [...]

7. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:24 am

I would really really really like a Palm Pre You Version app.

8. 8jody flowers
    Oct 8, 2009 at 5:16 am

I loved the old You Version…I cannot get the newer version to open on my BB 8300…I have a 4.5 OS…says the download is successful, but it will not open…pls help, I miss You Version…thanks

9. 9Daniel
    Oct 8, 2009 at 3:03 pm

I believe I have found the problem that people are having with downloading the new youversion. The link that comes up in the version 1.0.3 sends you to download version 2.0. I did and came out with the same problem as other people did. So I googled “youversion 2.0″ and in my search, I found a “youversion 2.0.2″. I downloaded it and now it works great.

Also, you may have to completely erase the original version first.

Here is the link to get to it.

If you can’t click on it, copy and paste it to your page address bar. It should take you right to it.

I hope this helps.