We’re going to experiment with a new way to post comments on Swerve…video! We’ll be using Seesmic to allow you to share a short video with us and bring a new dimension to the community here. While Seesmic is not new, we’re excited to try it out on Swerve. For those of you unfamiliar with this application, here’s a quick how-to:
- You’ll need to have a webcam set up on your computer.
- Click “Or add a video comment” in the commenting area at the bottom of the post.
- Enter your name and email address in the text boxes.
- You can choose whether you want to use Seesmic anonymously, or sign up for an account on their site.
- You might need to give Seesmic access to your camera.
- Hit the red “Record” button, share your thoughts, and then hit the red “Stop Recording” button.
- Your comment video will play for you. Choose whether you want the comment to be published, or give it another go and record again.
- When you’re happy with your recording, hit “Publish” and then enter a title for your comment. Click “Publish” to submit your comment.
- All comments are moderated, so it will show up only after it’s been approved.
We’re launching this for a post tomorrow where we’ll be asking our church to share their thoughts for an upcoming series called, “I Love My Church.” You’re welcome to join in the conversation and participate! But before then, you can be one of the first to try it out on Swerve—leave a video comment below and let us know how your Christmas service plans are coming along.