Do the Small Things Daily
When working with pastors, many are often looking for a “big win.” They want to have a big community event, a big servants’ banquet, or a big series that runs attendance higher.
While all these can be effective, I encourage consistency in the small things daily.
I’ll compare it to football. Most championship teams win games on many four-yard, six-yard, and eleven-yard gains. They might win one game a season on a last second hail-Mary pass, but most games consistently succeeding at the basics.
The same is true in ministry. Successful ministries are built on Christ by leaders who do the small things daily:
- They return calls and emails promptly.
- They show up on time.
- They pray for God’s guidance.
- They love and serve people.
- They study hard and preach passionately.
- They have a consistent and strong work ethic.
- They follow through on commitments.
You could hope for the perfect mailer, plan the killer youth event, or pray for a news story to build your church…or you could move the ball forward one play at a time doing the small things with integrity daily.