categories: YouVersion

December 9th, 2008

BlackBerry + Bible = Bible App for the BlackBerry

If you have a BlackBerry, you really should download the new (and significantly improved) YouVersion.com Bible App for the BlackBerry!  As many of you know, I have been a long-time BlackBerry user (I love the iPhone, but it’s not for me).  I’ve really been looking forward to this release, not just for me, but for the 16+ million BlackBerry users around the globe.

There are only a few free Bible applications for the BlackBerry and even fewer that provide access to several modern English translations.  The Bible App for the BlackBerry provides free access to the 30+ translations in many different languages that you can access through YouVersion.com.  Read more about this release or download the application right now.

Also, I continue to be amazed at the response to the Bible App for the iPhone.  We have seen more than 550,000 people install it on their iPhone/iPod, and that number continues to grow by thousands every day.  We are hearing stories of non-Bible readers who are engaging with Scripture for the very first time.  Countless others are more engaged than ever before because they now have quick and easy access to The Bible.

If you are feeling a little left out without an iPhone/iPod/BlackBerry…remember you can access YouVersion.com from any web-enabled mobile phone at http://m.youversion.com.

2009 will bring some significant enhancements to the entire YouVersion.com platform that will help connect even more people to God’s Word.  I’m looking forward to sharing more as it develops.

In the meantime, our team would love to hear your feedback about the new Bible App.

Tags: ,

Comments

1. Dec 9, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I downloaded the beta and got the update over the weekend. This is a wonderful product you are providing for the public…I absolutely love it and am sharing it with the BlackBerry and iPhone users of my church.

Thanks!

2. 2John Jameson
    Dec 9, 2008 at 3:09 pm

Love the new Bible for the blackberry. It’s by far my favorite BB Bible app. Keep up the great work!

3. Dec 9, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Sweet Lincoln’s Mullet!! Thank You!

4. 4Jared B
    Dec 9, 2008 at 3:45 pm

Sounds awesome! Great job! God is definitely blessing you guys for what you are doing for the Kingdom! Spreading the Word in such a way is brilliant and I know it pleases God and puts a smile on His beautiful face!

5. Dec 9, 2008 at 7:32 pm

Bobby,

I crossed over and dumped my Treo for a Curve. Love it and love You Version. Thanks!

6. Dec 10, 2008 at 5:29 am

[...] innovative folks over at Life Church have updated their excellent Bible app for the Blackberry… If you have a BlackBerry, you [...]

7. Dec 10, 2008 at 9:55 am

Just downloaded to my BB. Great resource on the go. Thanks again LCTV!

8. Dec 10, 2008 at 10:13 am

Craig,

Thanks for providing the resources you do. Truly appreciate your generosity.

SO

9. 9Steven
    Dec 10, 2008 at 10:34 am

Any chance of YouVersion going to a format where you don’t have to be connected? Would be helpful for iTouch users or us Iphone users who are on unlocked iPhone’s using a different provider and using wi-fi only and the older version of the iphone software (1 generation behind the current version). It’d be cool if you had different versions available for download and so we can use it when not connected to the web.

10. Dec 10, 2008 at 9:43 pm

I can’t say enough about this application. It truly completes the Blackberry as a ministry tool for very many christian crackberries out there.

It is built with an eye for enhancing devotion. The “email a verse” function is truly priceless.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

11. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:20 pm

I use the app on my iPhone nearly everyday. Thanks lifechurch!

12. Dec 10, 2008 at 11:43 pm

This pushed me to the blackberry away from my 4th treo.

13. Dec 11, 2008 at 10:19 pm

I am loving the app. Thanks guys.

14. Dec 17, 2008 at 6:28 pm

Any idea how long it will be before you have a version compatible with the BB Storm?

15. Dec 21, 2008 at 9:58 am

Will you have the ability to download bibles on the blackberry as well? I use Wifi and don’t always have good connection. Thanks

16. 17Tye
    Mar 2, 2009 at 3:41 pm

great, but needs to be able to read the whole bible not just the book that you are looking at. For instance…when i go to Proverbs 1 it only lets me read through proverbs 1 then I have to go back to the book and click proverbs 2. Very time consuming.

17. 18Dukens L.
    Apr 10, 2009 at 8:28 pm

When will this app compatible with the BB storm? Have it on my ipod touch but it will be nice to have it one my storm since with iPod touch a wifi connection is required meanwhile the storm I won’t won’t need a wifi connection and will be much easier.

18. 19sheena
    Jun 15, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Do you have you version for the blackberry 8900? Its the new curve under t-mobile… What can I do to get the app

19. 20cRaig
    Jun 29, 2009 at 7:22 pm

I would like to see a feature for caching versions on the BlackBerry as well. This would allow for disconnected use, and faster loading times. Waiting for pages to load can be tedious with as few words as can fit on the screen at a time.

20. 21seth
    Jul 6, 2009 at 9:53 pm

I am looking for a bible for my blackberry that I can listen to since I’m not a good reader. Can anyone help direct me?

21. 22Chuck
    Jul 26, 2009 at 2:48 am

Any way to do a PC download of YouVersion? I can’t do over-the-air download.

22. 23Bongz
    Sep 30, 2009 at 2:14 am

I downloaded the app and reloaded it, but it just goes 2/3 while opening and stops.
    Can anyone help.
    i have a Blackberry 8900.

Thanx

23. 24opoku
    Jan 25, 2010 at 11:15 am

Hello Dear Friend in Christ,
    I would be greatfull if you could spend your time to read through this letter.By the way i
    hope you are fine and doing well as i am here in Ghana by the grace of God.By the way the main reason for me to write to you this letter is that!I want to request something from you that i wish if you can do it for me God will let you have more than that.All is that i am a good and an annointed student boy in Christand one thing is that i dont have things as a christian things suchas Bible, booklet.and also in home i dont hve things to play and be happy .and that iswhy i am writting to you this letter for your help.please remember the Bible says in (Luke6;38)Give and it shall be given unto you ;so please i am beging you all in the name Jesus christ of narzareth so please help me all this to be a best christian and also anything that is from your heart you can add it to me so please i like to end here May God richly bless you all that you will like to help me.may God bless you and give you any thing you will spend about me i hope to here from you in my e-mail box try to e mail me here are my details.
    MICHEAL OPOKU
    BREMANG R/C PRIMARY A
    P.O. BOX SE 772
    SUAME-KUMASIA/R
    GHANA.W/A
    please send me mobile

24. 25Marco
    May 13, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Hi guys

Praise God for the wonderful work you guys are doing.
    I need help pls,can you give me a website or a link where I can download an audio bible for my curve,I’ve searched everywhere with no success,pls help.

Tnx
    Marco

25. 26maxii
    May 23, 2010 at 12:01 am

Umm well I’m like tryn to look at the bookz n nuthing comes out it just sayz when I press on genesis or w.e it sayz swith application or go back.. it doesn’t let me ream da book I want n I don’t like to b having to press next 100 timez on the bible everytime I wanna see a different book can ne1 help.. If u can please let me kno..

26. 27Carla
    May 23, 2010 at 1:47 am

Please can you help me to download a bible to my blackberry. I leave in the UAE, and I don’t know how to do it. Thanks

27. 28Noreen Semilla
    Jul 12, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Hi…my brother has blackberry and we really wanted to have it connected with a mobile bible so we can use it especially when we are travelling…considering as well that we are in UAE and bring bible so conspicuously is not allowed…thank you so much!

28. Aug 3, 2010 at 7:23 am

Hey awesome app guys may the Lord increase in your life as u do His work. how do I get a audio bible for the bb 8900

29. 30Isaac Mensah
    Aug 10, 2010 at 5:49 pm

This is a fantastic idea, just reading other peoples comment put tears in my eyes, they are tears of joy. All I can add is God richly bless u for this awesome product, one day in heaven I will give u a bih hug and a holy kiss for this piece of work for the Kingdom. God richly bless and increase you, and to share a piece of your blessing I will spread the word that there is a bible app on bb. Kind regards
    Ike london.

30. 31Joana Nissi
    Sep 30, 2010 at 2:22 am

Thank you very much. I enjoy reading the bible on my phone. I give a thumbs up for the updated version.
    The Lord bless you all and keep you and cause His face to shine on you all. Amen

31. 32onasoga
    Apr 24, 2011 at 4:54 am

I need a free download

32. Jun 26, 2011 at 5:02 am

The word of god is all I need.

33. 34anitabetty
    Jul 6, 2011 at 11:57 pm

This is one lovely piece but can’t I get a free bible software with more than one translation that works offline?