categories: VideoTeaching.com

December 4th, 2008

VideoTeaching.com: Add Your 2 Cents

We’re in the thick of developing VideoTeaching.com and wanted to share the latest. In case you missed our initial post, VideoTeaching.com is a site that will allow your church to access a free online library full of high-quality video messages from gifted Christian communicators. Here’s a quick update and an opportunity to shape the content on the site:

• We expect the site to launch in the first quarter of 2009.
  • Churches will be able to preview messages and download a high-quality file for use in their weekend services.
  • Messages will be organized by series (where available) and searchable by topic, teacher, scripture reference, etc.
  • Most messages will be 25-45 minutes in length.

We’re currently assembling the team of pastors and speakers who’ll be contributing content and already have some very exciting leaders on board. We’re not quite ready to share that list though, because we want you to have an opportunity to weigh in: who would you like to see on VideoTeaching.com? Head over to VideoTeaching.com and let us know who you’d like to come speak at your church…via video.

Comments

1. Dec 4, 2008 at 2:23 pm

I’d love to see some messages by Dick Foth up there. I have a hard time describing exactly what it is that Dick does now, but he has been a college president, pastor to some powerful people, and is a source of great wisdom. He’s spoken at my church (National Community Church in DC) many times. I think his voice would be a great one to add to videoteaching.com

2. Dec 4, 2008 at 2:30 pm

I got the following error when trying to submit suggestions at teh videoteaching.com site.

There was an SQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’s Fraternity/Robert Lewis, Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, Women of Faith speakers, ‘ at line 1 - INSERT INTO `speaker_suggest` (`speaker`) VALUES (’Anybody who is currently on CCN Satellite service. :) Hybels, Stanley, Gary Chapman, Dave Ramsey, Gary Smalley, Eggerichs, Promise Keepers, Men’s Fraternity/Robert Lewis, Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, Women of Faith speakers, I know many of these will not support the open source idea, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.’)

3. Dec 4, 2008 at 2:51 pm

Bobby,

I love that you guys are doing this. I am super excited about having these resources available. Looking forward to it.

Colt

4. Dec 4, 2008 at 3:01 pm

I think the idea of converging high-quality video messages onto one site is so freaking awesome!

I think this idea of sharing content amongst churches and pastors is remarkable and revolutionary!

Here’s are some ideas…

1. I think it would be cool if the site had a social network undertone like YouVersion where users can create a free account and save their favorite videos in playlists… sort of like YouTube.

2. I think it would also be neat if users could post their thoughts about the messages in a Discussion/Twitter-like forum.

3. Have you guys also thought about the idea of churches streaming their messages live from the site?

5. Dec 4, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Dave, it looks like the issue was that you add some special characters (/,’,”) to the form. It has been fixed so that you can now add special characters to the form. We have gone ahead and added your suggestions into the database. thanks for your input.

6. 6Jeff
    Dec 4, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Messages from Louie Giglio were amazing when he was working with 7:22 at North Point in Atlanta Georgia. Maybe he could provide some valuable content for you. Not sure where he is now days.

7. Dec 4, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Hmm,

Apart from Craig,

Marc Driscoll, John Piper are some.

God Bless ‘_^

8. Dec 4, 2008 at 6:55 pm

Without a doubt, the messages that Francis Chan can bring would be awesome. Every time I hear him I am moved to compassion for others and a better understanding of my God.

9. Dec 4, 2008 at 8:13 pm

I would like to use all of my votes to vote for Andy Stanley.

10. Dec 4, 2008 at 10:31 pm

This is very cool, but I think you’re possibly missing a big opportunity because of the focus.

I’m worried that LifeChurch.tv will be a flash-in-the-pan phenomenon because it doesn’t take the effort to fully ground its followers. I love the mission, the outreach, and the purpose, but there is lacking place to gain intellectual depth. This would be a great kind of site to have a more intellectual-type teaching (i.e. seminary-lite, or even a full seminary-level teaching).

A good model for this (or maybe even a partner) would be Vineyard Leadership Institute. I just fear that the people of vineyard keep getting well-fed, but they are lacking the means to feed themselves in some cases.

11. Dec 4, 2008 at 10:35 pm

I would like to use all my votes for Francis Chan.
    BTW, I heard Louie Giglio is starting a new church in the ATL area. With Chris Tomlin of course.:)

12. 12Tom
    Dec 5, 2008 at 8:17 am

Mark Driscoll and Andy Stanley get my nod. Craig at the
    top of the list, however. What an amazing opportunity for all churches. God is swinging doors wide open here. I pray that more of us will step through it. Thanks LCTV!

13. Dec 5, 2008 at 9:14 am

paul washer, i encourage you all to listen to him if you ever get a chance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuabITeO4l8

14. 14Jon Ritner
    Dec 5, 2008 at 10:33 am

How will this site be different from iQuestions.com or VideoVine / ccn.tv which do the same thing as well?
    I love all the ideas, just trying to differentiate brands in my mind.

Jon Ritner
    Ass. Pastor Williamsburg Community Chapel
    Ritner@wcchapel.org

15. 15Nate
    Dec 5, 2008 at 11:48 am

My understanding is it would be like OnePrayer (on the video side) but for any message, not all centralized around one topic. So Pastor A in Los Angeles would upload his sermon on Marriage, Pastor B in NYC would upload his sermon on The Book of John, Pastor C uploads his message on Christmas and everyone would have access to download all 3 messages and use them in their service. You upload the message then tag it with what the message was about and other churches can download it.

16. Dec 5, 2008 at 4:03 pm

I would definitely like to see Ed Young’s sermons on there. I know they typically charge on their own Web site, but he has some great content that I think more people need to hear.

Also, I would love to see it transform beyond just sermons to video teaching from conferences such as Catalyst or the Willow Creek conferences that not everyone can afford to attend in person.

17. Dec 9, 2008 at 8:11 pm

18. 18Brian hickey
    Mar 25, 2009 at 8:06 am

Just wondering, when will the site go live?

19. Jul 14, 2009 at 1:50 pm

[...] are building on that momentum with the launch of VideoTeaching.com. If you haven’t heard us mention it before, VideoTeaching.com is a site where churches will be able to download high-quality video messages [...]

20. Jan 8, 2010 at 1:35 pm