categories: books

June 20th, 2008

Books, Books, Books!

I just received about 4000 pounds of books. If you are interested in bulk orders at big discounts for your church or staff, please email my assistant, Sarah.

I am excited that many churches have used Confessions of a Pastor and Chazown for sermon series.  Several churches are using Going All the Way for premarital counseling.

At the end of July or beginning of August, I’ll have a new book coming out called It. We will officially release the book at the Willow Creek Leadership Summit this year when I speak on “It.”

Here is a link so you can download the first chapter.

I hope you enjoy It!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

1. Jun 20, 2008 at 7:25 am

I love the first chapter. I can’t wait to take my team though this one. Thanks for “it”

2. Jun 20, 2008 at 7:30 am

Holy crap…I want this book.
    I only wish I didn’t have to wait another 5-8 weeks for it!
    The first chapter looks great, can’t wait to read the rest!

3. Jun 20, 2008 at 8:08 am

WOW! I’m excited about this book! everyone could use help getting it and keeping “it”!

Send me a copy, I’ll review it on my blog!
    3760 Peachtree Crest SteA Duluth GA 30097

4. Jun 20, 2008 at 8:09 am

JK, but seriously, send us one. JK

5. Jun 20, 2008 at 8:15 am

It’s great to see that the conversation is beginning! Can’t wait to see where God takes it!

6. Jun 20, 2008 at 8:54 am

Holy Books Batman!

Another book already, you are crankin them out Craig. Good stuff, I look forward to “It”. Keep ‘em coming.

7. Jun 20, 2008 at 9:29 am

Loved the first chapter. Can’t wait to read the rest of “it” when it comes out.

8. Jun 20, 2008 at 9:54 am

unbelievably awesome!!!

9. Jun 20, 2008 at 10:38 am

Thanks for the download-we (my Lead Pastor and team) will look forward to hearing from you @ The Summit.

10. Jun 20, 2008 at 10:44 am

Craig,
    You are killing me!! I just read the 1st chapter and I want to buy this book right now. I want to know what “It” is. Can’t wait!

11. 12Jim Gay
    Jun 20, 2008 at 10:50 am

I’m looking forward to purchasing “It”! Thank you for being led by the Spirit and addressing topics that have been on our hearts as young pastors wanting to see God do something huge in our lifetime!

12. Jun 20, 2008 at 10:57 am

Craig,
    You and your church as a whole is great at marketing sermon series with teaser videos, promotional flyers, etc-and BOOKS! That free first chapter was awesome-I agree with everyone else, I do not want to wait!

I also had a question:
    When do you write? (What I mean, is that, are your writing projects part of your “work” time at LifeChurch?)

Just curious becuase I want to start my first book, and am entering a new job in May and wondering how that works.

Thanks!

13. Jun 20, 2008 at 11:11 am

Thanks for the preview. It really resonated with me as our church has recently lost it but are now in the process of finding it again. I really appreciate your honesty about lifechurch and the reality of the campus in which you teach. That is (for me) encouraging…not to be celebrating a percieved failure…not that your failing…I’ll…stop…talking…

14. Jun 20, 2008 at 12:23 pm

Craig, God is truly using you, i’m excited about the new book, thank you for the preview!

15. Jun 20, 2008 at 1:01 pm

Craig, thanks for the tease! I’m really looking forward to this. It has the flavor of one of those books I can’t put down and end up devouring more than once. I pray the Lord continues to inspire you with such insight and creativity because you are so faithful to share!

16. 18Judy
    Jun 20, 2008 at 1:24 pm

Sure hope you tell us what IT is and how to get IT….now that will be awesome

17. Jun 20, 2008 at 2:10 pm

WOW!! Can’t wait to get the book! If we knew you personally we’d ask for the “hook up” in getting an early copy. We are starting a church in the NW Austin area. Cedar Park, TX to be exact. We want to make sure we have “it”, use “it” and don’t loose “it. :) lol

We’ll forward this to our network of folks!

M&V Brown

18. Jun 20, 2008 at 3:10 pm

Yea, I’m feelin this book for sure. I’m going to enjoy the discussions this book may begin. Can we play 20 questions on what “it” is?

Is “it” the same thing for every group?

19. Jun 20, 2008 at 6:42 pm

Yes, I’ve been waiting for this book!!

P.S. - I heard Air1 talking about OnePrayer yesterday.

20. 22Beth
    Jun 20, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Found the article …. that Air1 covered.
    God bless our church!
    Over 800,000 Christians Hurdle Divisions to be ‘One’ Church
    By Lillian Kwon
    Christian Post Reporter
    Mon, Jun. 16 2008 02:43 PM ET

21. Jun 20, 2008 at 10:04 pm

Yeah, the scary part of the first chapter is the, “if you have it, you could lose it” part. I think anyone that brags about having “it” should be weary of this “bad news.” Looking forward to reading the book!

22. Jun 22, 2008 at 1:52 pm

it teased me enough to want it - and now I want it bad