categories: blogs

May 19th, 2008

New Swerve Design

As you can tell (unless you are looking at this post in an rss reader)…today we launched a new look for swerve.

I’ll highlight the new features in another post, but right now I need to ask a favor…

As with any new site launch, we most likely did not catch every bug.  Can you take some time today and help us out by browsing through the site and trying everything out?  As you find a bug, let us know.  The team would also appreciate hearing your feedback on the design too.

Thank you!

Tags: ,

Comments

1. May 19, 2008 at 1:12 am

love the new design. Looks great.

2. May 19, 2008 at 1:39 am

I love it…the code as much as the look. AJAX is awesome. You and Craig are no doubt proud of your team!

3. May 19, 2008 at 1:39 am

Site looks great. I so often use a reader that I don’t see many blog designs, but this looks amazing. Great work.

4. May 19, 2008 at 2:37 am

Very Cool new design. love the easy to read text

5. May 19, 2008 at 2:41 am

Great looking site - nice choice of colors! Well laid out and easy to navigate! Nice - very nice!

6. May 19, 2008 at 2:45 am

Great new design good eazy to read text great subtle contrast on colours making it good to look at. May have to give up google reader for Swerve.

7. May 19, 2008 at 3:43 am

Sure looks awesome! I mainly use reader, but I have to say, very impressive! :P

God Bless ‘_^

8. May 19, 2008 at 3:49 am

Hi again,

This might not be a bug, but how do you go to the next and previous posts? In the previous version you could just click the next and previous articles at the top which were organized by date I think - this is really helpful for reading a series :P

9. May 19, 2008 at 4:28 am

If you go to an invalid link on firefox, the site looks kind of off - example - http://swerve.lifechurch.tv/2007/04/09/hiring-part-2 (Sorry for the extra posts, just found this one)

10. May 19, 2008 at 5:21 am

I love it. The category/tags feature is awesome, everything is simple, and it’s looks really cool.

11. 11Peter
    May 19, 2008 at 5:50 am

Great job! The new design looks amazing! You guys keep outdoing yourselves. :)

12. May 19, 2008 at 5:52 am

A major improvement - I’m not seeing any bugs myself. Looks great…

Like others I am a bloglines guy, but this is better for sure.

13. May 19, 2008 at 6:58 am

Lots of javascript errors in IE7 on vista ultimate when the page loads (invalid character).

I like the look!

14. May 19, 2008 at 7:28 am

I love the new look! I agree, there are some errors with IE7. Mostly little things like spacings being off or something like that. This blog is a really blessing to the Church!

15. May 19, 2008 at 7:31 am

wow - just what I need - another blog to cause my blog envy to reoccur. ;-)

Very sexy.

16. May 19, 2008 at 7:50 am

You guys continue to amaze me. What an amazing look and very user-friendly! Thanks for continuing to serve the Body of Christ with excellence and an amazing heart…Next Level Church in Fort Myers loves you! I’ll let you know if we find any bugs…

17. May 19, 2008 at 8:11 am

Simple, clean, and easy to navigate. My only suggestion would be to add a link to the archives in the right column. You guys always deliver with excellence, well done!

18. May 19, 2008 at 8:12 am

Thanks guys for all your great comments and feedback. Major props to Josh and Zach on this project. Thanks guys for all your hard work, long hours…and blowing up developer code and re-doing it all! You guys rock.

On the feedback…keep it coming. We will be monitoring this comment thread.

19. May 19, 2008 at 8:15 am

Nice!

20. May 19, 2008 at 8:32 am

You might want to take a look at validating the page code. There’s a good handfull of validation errors: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fswerve.lifechurch.tv%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&verbose=1

I love the new look! It’s really great and fits with lifechurch.tv. Keep up the awesome work!

21. May 19, 2008 at 8:44 am

i like it…looks very nice…easy to read and clean…great job….mike.

22. May 19, 2008 at 8:48 am

n…i…c…e great look with the swerve blog I almost wish I didn’t read it through RSS

23. May 19, 2008 at 9:34 am

Nicely done! I especially like the sidebar content ;)

24. May 19, 2008 at 9:45 am

This is awesome, I love it!

25. May 19, 2008 at 10:00 am

wow, you guys did a great job as always! my only thoughts are that the comments are really huge in comparison to the actual post, so maybe the font for comments or the boxes themselves could be smaller. And, it would also be nice to have a way to group some of the messages together (like on facebook), like have different points throughout the comments where you could minimize that chunk but still see the others. it would make it easier to read through all of the comments. but yea, beautiful nonetheless :)

26. May 19, 2008 at 10:01 am

oh and i like how the names in the comments are linked to their websites, i just noticed that.

but maybe u can do something about that link that went off the edges. there could be type-formatting options for the comments (bolding, underlines, links, etc)

27. May 19, 2008 at 10:44 am

Pretty impressive looking site! I really like the easy to read text and the sense that the site is easier to navigate. Great design work. Kudos to your team.

28. May 19, 2008 at 1:55 pm

everything looks great but even more importantly everything seems to have a purpose and function well.

29. May 19, 2008 at 2:06 pm

good look. nice change.

30. May 19, 2008 at 6:27 pm

Looks great! As if there weren’t enough reasons to check back regularly. Nice work.

31. May 19, 2008 at 7:03 pm

Likin’ the new design. The blues, greens and purple are makin’ me feel very…gellin’ inside. I like it.

32. May 19, 2008 at 9:24 pm

Love the new look! Easy to read, pleasing to the eye and not too busy! Nicely done peeps!

33. May 19, 2008 at 9:32 pm

Nice design. Looks techie but cool. Looks aside though, some usability concerns:
    - I am writing this comment in a grey box with black text (readability might be an issue for some)
    - use of the Times font in the post is a good idea, but you might want to increase the font weight to account for those who might be using high resolution (and higher DPI monitors) - font-weight:500 perhaps
    - reminds me a bit of a former ZDNet design. Its techie and dark; the previous design was not techie but it was more inviting in colors, balance, etc.
    - normal text in the side bar is white? or off-white? I’d vote for something a bit on the bright/white side as some of it (in the Free Resources box for instance) seems too dark for the background color used.
    - recommend to move search above the RSS button. There’s a lot of content here, and in its location, search blends in too much with the rest of the sidebar.

Still, great design. I’ll have to crack the whip on myself to get MMM’s site to be as cool looking :) Thankful though that there are those in the Body pushing even web design as a means to give God glory online.

34. May 19, 2008 at 9:52 pm

I like the new look…very fresh!

35. May 20, 2008 at 4:18 am

Wow … wasn’t sure if I liked it at first but it’s really growing on me.

36. May 20, 2008 at 4:24 am

Found a bug.

(space supposed to be here)

When you type space in a comment you loose the space when you submit the comment.

37. May 20, 2008 at 11:28 am

Love it. GREAT work guys.

38. May 20, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Very slick, looks like a perfect web 2.0 style. Thanks for this blog, I check it every day with my google reader!

39. May 21, 2008 at 12:09 am

Good job Zack and Josh. You are way better than those other guys.

40. May 22, 2008 at 9:02 am

Very cool. Worth coming over to check out! Like the colors and the format. Very nice.

mark

41. May 26, 2008 at 1:34 am

I love it. When can you work on mine!?

42. May 26, 2008 at 1:01 pm

I really loved being able to see the books both you and Craig were reading…