categories: one prayer

May 13th, 2008

One Prayer: Big Announcement!

We’ve felt that One Prayer is a unique opportunity for The Church to make a lasting impact on the world. Craig announced we would be receiving a special offering for a missions initiative when he casted the vision for One Prayer. Our team began to explore, discuss and pray about what causes/organizations we could collectively support with this offering.

The effort became even more challenging as the size and scale of One Prayer quickly exceeded our expectations and imaginations. Shortly after announcing the offering, we were approached by our good friends from Granger Community Church, who asked if they could help us explore those opportunities. They selflessly invested themselves and a very ambitious vision emerged that we quickly became VERY excited about.

The One Prayer missions offering will go to support planting 500 new churches in Cambodia, India, Sudan, and China! The local church is the hope of the world, and these churches will be able to make a sustainable, lasting and eternal impact on these four strategic regions. We explored many great causes and organizations that we could collectively support, but the vision of local churches from around the world uniting to invest in planting churches was the most synergistic with the vision of One Prayer.

We hope that you will prayerfully consider participating in the One Prayer offering to plant churches and spread the gospel of Christ throughout the world. If you are unable or do not choose to participate in the One Prayer offering, we strongly encourage you take this opportunity to contribute to an international missions effort of your choice. We can have far greater impact united than we can apart, and we are excited to see what God will do!

There is a lot more detail about the opportunity, the process, and the organizations involved on OnePrayer.com. Please be sure to check it out and also let us know if you have questions.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

1. May 13, 2008 at 12:42 pm

wow. this is amazing.

“We explored many great causes and organizations that we could collectively support, but the vision of local churches from around the world uniting to invest in planting churches was the most synergistic…”

very encouraging.

2. 2Steve Kirkeby
    May 13, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Great idea. Our church is already active in both India and China by supporting works there. I have been to both locations and the need is great. If you could give some more info on the projects that would help. If there is any way I could be involved in the process please let me know.

I would covet your prayers right now. My daughter is in Chengdu China (60 miles from the epicenter of the earthquake) right now teaching and doing missions work. She is fine and the team is praying that this crisis will lead people to Christ in a mighty way

3. 3Peter Thourson
    May 13, 2008 at 1:54 pm

This is great! I am really looking to supporting this initiative and seeing how God will use the combined effort of churches around the world to greatly impact these areas!

4. May 13, 2008 at 2:39 pm

Thank you to the leaders at Granger for working on this. We are pumped to share this vision with our church to plant churches around the world!

5. May 13, 2008 at 6:44 pm

I LOVE IT! RiverPoint Church is so excited about this. We are moving into a brand new location on June 1 and going public big time on June 8 when we start One Prayer! The timing is perfect and we are PUMPED!
    On the last Sunday of One Prayer our entire church is going into our city and doing missions and service projects.
    Thank you Craig for your incredible leadership!

6. May 13, 2008 at 7:44 pm

bobby,
    someone you may want to know as you move forward is a friend here in Tulsa who has a ministry for supporting, training pastors in those countries and more. He’s been doing this for years. His bent is on helping local pastors reach their people, without colonization.
    email me if you want his info. no pressure, but a good contact who’s there half the year.

7. 8Tom
    May 13, 2008 at 9:11 pm

How do you plan on planting churches in China? And publicly?

8. May 14, 2008 at 1:15 pm

This is so awesome Craig! I am thrilled to get to be a small part of such a huge mission! Hooray for the local church! Hooray for choosing to plant 500 churches with the offering!

9. May 14, 2008 at 5:56 pm

I was looking at the One Prayer map and I noticed there aren’t any churches in South America that have joined One Prayer. We need to pray.

10. May 15, 2008 at 4:02 am

Craig,

Your message at All Staff was inspiring. I was absolutely floored by the power of it. I’m so excited about One Prayer now!

11. May 17, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Bobby -
    I’ll send this in an email too, but I just wanted to say thanks for mentioning my blog a few weeks ago. In addition to trying to be the lil Wayne of Christian authors, man that dude is prolific, I’m trying to be the most appreciative. (Did I just make thankfulness a competition? Dang.)

Anyway, thanks for the love and for sharing some readers with me.
    Jon