Ephesians 4:3-6 says, “Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called—one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.”
Paul implies that unity won’t just happen. He instructs us to “make every effort.”
You can make some efforts by:
- Sharing your resources with other ministries. (This could include your building, portable sound system, van, curriculum, or youth pastor.)
- Deciding to only speak well of others.
- Attending your local ministers’ meeting and making friends.
- Calling another local pastor and asking him if you can worship at his church on your next weekend off. Write a letter afterwards to express how his church blessed you.
- Pray for other ministries.
- Avoid ministry gossip, and tell others you will not listen to it when they start.
What are some efforts someone has made toward you? What are you doing for others?