categories: one prayer

May 6th, 2008

One Prayer Pastors: Wayne Cordeiro

pw.jpgThis week, I’d like to highlight a couple of pastors who are participating in One Prayer. Today we’ll meet Pastor Wayne Cordeiro from New Hope Christian Fellowship in Oahu, Hawaii.

What are some of the great things God is doing in your church?
God’s hand of revival has been on the church for twelve years. We saw over 250 first-time decisions this month so far, and last weekend we baptized 203 in water. There is a culture of joy and servanthood. Especially in the area of reading the Bible and journaling daily, there is an expectancy in the air.

web-1.jpgWhy are you excited about participating in One Prayer?
One Prayer communicates that we are one Church, and that the leaders involved are willing to be friends, accountability partners, and fellow learners along the route to equipping the saints. It also gives one message to the Church that will allow for many voices to say one thing. I love it!!

web.jpgWhat is your one prayer for the Church that you will be teaching on?
The title of my message, coming from Hawaii, is called “Make Us Wise.” If there’s anything we need in a changing society of optional morals and beliefs, we are offered several worldviews to adopt as our own. Wisdom will be what distinguishes the precious from the worthless, the right from the wrong, the temporal from the eternal.

Make us wise.

Tags: , ,

Comments

1. 1Eric Herman
    May 6, 2008 at 12:18 pm

Wayne rocked my world a year and a half ago at the Willow Creek Sumit. The man is a follower of Christ to the extreem. God bless his ministry!

2. May 6, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Bobby,

Wayne has always been one of my heroes of the faith. Thanks for featuring him.

Brian Jones

3. May 6, 2008 at 7:13 pm

I have completely enjoyed getting to know Wayne recently. He is the REAL deal… a great man of God! We are pumped to have New Hope in One Prayer!

4. 4beth
    May 6, 2008 at 7:25 pm

WoW….what vision!!!

5. 5Mark Jr
    May 7, 2008 at 9:32 am

Can’t wait for this one, Wayne is such an inspirational leader, his message at the leadership summit a couple of years ago was life changing for me. I can’t wait to hear him speak on wisdom. And seriously, who rocks the Hawaiian shirt better than him!

Great job getting him involved.

6. May 8, 2008 at 7:55 am

OK, honestly I’m just distracted by how cool those cameras are in the pics. I drooled on my desk a little. :)

7. 7DALVINO SOUSA
    Oct 8, 2008 at 7:47 am

OLA AMADOS,
    ASSISTI UMA PALESTRA (LIDER MORTO TRABALHANDO) DO PASTOR WAYNE E ME EDIFICOU MUITO,GOSTARIA DE RECEBER COPIA DA MENSAGEM COMO DEVO FAZER??
    AMO ESSE MINISTERIO.
    LOUVADO SEJA DEUS!!!
    TENHO ASSISTIDO NA INTERNET ALGUNS VIDEOS TAMBEM.
    POSSO ADQIRIR VIDEOS TRADUZIDOS PARA O PORTUGUES???
    PAZ
    DALVINO

8. 8mery-sonia de oliveira trindade
    Sep 23, 2009 at 10:48 pm

Shalom!!!!
    Confesso que fiquei maravilhada com a leitura do livro “Mentores…” de Wayne Cordeiro. Gostaria de adquiri-lo(o que li ñ era meu). Desde então, estou sempre procurando informações sobre seu Ministério, livros, pregações etc.

9. 9mery-sonia de oliveira trindade
    Sep 27, 2009 at 11:51 pm

Gostaria de mais informações sobre o ministério de “Wayne Cordeiro”