Jesus told a story about ten lepers who were healed. Only one returned to say “thank you.” I hope I am always the one.
We are where we are because of people God has put in our lives.
I challenge you to make a list of ten people who have influenced you and write them each a personal note of gratitude.
Your list might include:
- Your mom or dad.
- Your grandparents.
- Your fifth grade teacher, your eighth grade coach, or your preaching professor from seminary.
- Your youth pastor from childhood, the speaker who came to your youth camp, or the volunteer leader who listened to you when you were hurting.
- Your friend who prayed for you daily.
- The author of some book that touched your life in a deep way.
- Some pastor you’ve never met but feeds you spiritually weekly on your iPod.
- Some person who said one thing that encouraged you when you needed it.
Who are a few of the people for whom you’re grateful? When are you going to write that letter you’ve been putting off?