categories: featured blog

April 11th, 2008

Featured Blog: Stuff Christians Like

stuff-christians-like.jpgThis week’s featured blog is Stuff Christians Like. SCL is a little lighter than some of the blogs we’ve posted before.

Similar to the Stuff White People Like blog, Stuff Christians Like is a tongue-in-cheek but brutally honest look at the Christian Bubble.

From Chick-fil-a to youth pastors with goatees and bald worship leaders, author Prodigal Jon writes in a refreshing and totally humorous manner.

Comments

1. Apr 11, 2008 at 11:00 am

And I thought I was the only one having an “inner wolf” week. I gotta give you props for the links. (grin)

2. Apr 11, 2008 at 11:37 am

Bobby -
    Thanks so much for linking to my blog. It’s been a weird, wild experience thus far and may have a book version on shelves before too long. Which is ridiculous.

I have a friend named Kendra at Lifechurch and love what ya’ll do. (31daystolive is brilliant) When I publish my book and become a “Christian Author Thousandaire” I hope to come see you guys during my world tour for “Side Hugs, Metrosexual Worship Leaders and Other Stuff Christians Like.”

Thanks again - email me if you ever have an idea I should write about

3. Apr 11, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Yea Jon! We’ve got so many people on our staff reading your blog it’s given us a new inside joke vocabulary!

4. Apr 11, 2008 at 6:08 pm

[...] information and content. I love to drop by and read a few lines now and then. Today’s “Featured Blog” by Bobby Gruenewald is a gem. If there’s one thing that we as Christians do way too [...]

5. Apr 11, 2008 at 6:39 pm

[...] LifeChurch and Church Marketing Sucks) Technorati Tags: atheist, atheism, Christian, Church, Jesus Share [...]

6. 7tony
    Apr 12, 2008 at 7:15 am

christians absolutelt LOVE to analyze christians and write books, articles and blogs - while doing absolutely nothing to further the kingdom - the gen x folks especially

7. Apr 12, 2008 at 8:50 am

man, that blog has been filling up my reader like tim stevens blogging about his own book ever since i added it to my list.

maybe the next post from scl shold be about how often christians blog.

8. Apr 12, 2008 at 5:22 pm

Yea, that guy is very talented and funny.

9. Apr 13, 2008 at 1:16 pm

Thanks for featuring this blog! I just discovered it about two weeks ago, and it hilarious! Not only that, in the midst of humor, he makes some really valid points. I enjoy reading it!

10. Apr 13, 2008 at 8:50 pm

Okay, so I keep up with swerve but I had some finals and stuff goin’ on and missed a few days. When I came back to find the link to Stuff Christians Like, I figured that God was trying to tell me how much He loved me and wanted me to slow down and enjoy a Sunday evening. I LOVE it! So much of my A/G church past is coming back to me when I read it. I am even thinking of getting the old youth group together for a Gloria Estefan human video!

11. Apr 14, 2008 at 7:54 pm

I love it! Discovered his blog last week and have enjoyed reading each post.

12. Apr 17, 2008 at 9:11 am

[...] “Stuff Christians Like” I found this blog through the guys at Swerve.  Stuff Christians Like is a tongue-in-cheek but brutally honest look at [...]

13. Apr 18, 2008 at 5:48 pm

Bobby -

Turns out I’m speaking in Oklahoma in Sept. I would love to connect with you guys if at all possible. Shoot me an email at theacuffs@yahoo.com

Jon

14. May 20, 2011 at 5:56 am

[...] Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job and Your Dream Job. We’ve appreciated his work for quite a while, so we invited him to share a few thoughts with the Swerve [...]

15. Jun 6, 2011 at 11:00 pm