categories: creativity, video

January 29th, 2008

Satan Uses TurboTax

Here’s a video illustration we used this past weekend in our experiences. I thought you’d enjoy it!

Comments

1. Jan 29, 2008 at 7:36 pm

“You’ll be hearing from my friends. All the attorneys in the entire world.” — Satan

Classic.

2. Jan 29, 2008 at 7:46 pm

This is absolutely classic. Thanks for making me laugh.

3. Jan 29, 2008 at 8:06 pm

LOL…great job

4. Jan 29, 2008 at 8:34 pm

That was great! I had an uneasiness about using Turbo Tax. Now I know why.

5. 5Sharyl Williams
    Jan 29, 2008 at 9:36 pm

I loved this segment! I am on staff as the Producer at a large church here in the Northwest - I showed it to our Worship Arts Director and he was unsure about it. He said he felt as though it portrayed Satan as too friendly and lacking in power. He said he wasn’t sure how that would play in this area.
    I loved the portrayal, and felt that Satan is actually a lot more dangerous when we see him as “likable”. The Bible talks about how he will disguise himself as an “angel of light” -
    I would be interested to know how this went over in the different area’s of the country.

Thanks!

6. Jan 29, 2008 at 10:21 pm

haha funny stuff

7. Jan 30, 2008 at 6:41 am

That video was freakin’ funny; it’s nice to be able to pull Satan out for an interview every once and awhile.

8. Jan 30, 2008 at 8:11 am

Way not to over use the Satan interview idea. Very funny and it took me by surprised when you used in the service.

FYI, Turbo Tax caused me to get my Tax refund back late last year due to an error in my return so I agree with Satan. . .

9. Jan 30, 2008 at 9:49 am

Oh snap!

10. Jan 30, 2008 at 10:27 am

Too funny … I’ve been sick for like a week, and haven’t laughed much .. made me feel just a little better. So true as well…

11. Jan 30, 2008 at 10:33 am

what a fantastic way to start my morning. awesome stuff guys. mike.

12. Jan 30, 2008 at 12:48 pm

[...] This was very funny to me, as I have been having a lot of discussions concerning finances the last few weeks with a few different people and my Pastor Steve talked this past Sunday about Funding the Vision. Thanks to Craig Groeschel and LifeChurch.tv. [...]

13. 14Ted
    Jan 30, 2008 at 1:32 pm

Funny! Especially as the wife and I get ready to plunge into a Dave Ramsey course.

14. 15Larry
    Jan 30, 2008 at 3:36 pm

The folks loved it in Wellington Florida where we have 92% of the community does not attend church at all. It also added for some further discussion in our LifeGroups during the week.

15. Jan 30, 2008 at 4:40 pm

Great, simply great! Does Satan have an agent? Would he like to do a guest appearance at my church? Sorry, had to ask.

16. Jan 30, 2008 at 10:25 pm

Regarding this and all the videos from “Satan’s Sex Ed”:

Would we laugh as much if it were the same kind of skit, but instead of Satan, we used Hitler, Saddam Hussein, or maybe even the 9/11 hijackers?

Just a thought…

17. Jan 31, 2008 at 9:19 am

cool video. Gets right to the point.

18. Feb 1, 2008 at 4:39 pm

[...] Satan Uses TurboTax 2. Busting the Work-Life Myth 3. Rhynochocyon udzungwensis 4. Permission Marketing 5. dancing [...]

19. Feb 1, 2008 at 4:46 pm

20. Sep 11, 2010 at 8:17 am

Ok…I just saw this video posted on Facebook and I had to do a search to see who on earth did it. Totally funny. I’m from the Pacific Northwest and now live in Florida (20+ years)…married to a senior pastor…and I think this is one of the best portrayals of satan that I’ve ever seen. Loved it! Well done!