categories: LifeChurch.tv, church, support

September 7th, 2007

Thoughts from an Assistant 4 (of 4)

All for His Glory

Sometimes being a servant doesn’t seem that glamorous, but it’s a matter of perspective. Jesus tells us in Mark 10:45 that “He did not come to be served, but to serve…” Like Jesus, we’re all called to serve. As church leaders, you’re called to serve the church. As your assistants, we’re called to serve you. It’s an honor.

Things at Life are constantly changing, and we move at a very fast pace. With everything going on, it can be overwhelming at times. We can start to become consumed with all the projects, or with trying to please those around us. In the midst of the busyness, we can lose sight of who we’re really working for and why we’re here.

When I start to drift that way, I stop and remind myself that I’m a child of God, living to bring glory to Him. It’s only about Him. Through His grace I have the ultimate gift… eternal life. I’m blessed to work in a place where I get to work every day serving such an influential person in God’s Kingdom.

I’ve found comfort in knowing Christ is the only one I need to worry about. I work for Him. Paul told us in Ephesians “to serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men…”

It can be hard serving sometimes. Please remember to encourage and appreciate your assistant.

Comments

1. 1Marcin Mizak
    Sep 7, 2007 at 6:11 am

It’s great to be a servant. Thanks Sarah.

2. 2Patrick Sievert
    Sep 7, 2007 at 7:04 am

hey Sarah.

I just wanted to say I appreciate all the work you do to make LC run.

3. 3JK
    Sep 7, 2007 at 9:42 am

Sarah,

No doubt that God called you for this special place in the Kingdom. You have filled a vital role with the gifts necessary to be successful. It was refreshing to read your blog this week. You are a very important part of what God is doing at Life. Thanks for serving faithfully behind the scenes to help Lifechurch.tv be the blessing it is to the cause.

Tell your little sister I said hello.

Jimmy K

4. Sep 7, 2007 at 11:28 am

Sarah,

Thanks for the great series of posts…and most importantly the role that you serve in to lead people to be fully devoted follower of Christ.

5. 6Sarah
    Sep 7, 2007 at 12:09 pm

Wow, you guys are blowing me away! Thanks for your encouragement. It means so much to me. I’m truly blessed to be a part of something so special.

6. Sep 7, 2007 at 1:33 pm

Sarah,

What a great testimony. All of you at LC are very blessed. Not all churches are experiencing the blessings you are. Praise God for all of you.

7. Sep 7, 2007 at 4:04 pm

It is all about serving. However I can serve, I will.

That is the way I am approaching working in ministry.